Pop on your apron and roll up your sleeves...
- 250g sausage meat (we recommend Archers Butchers!)
- 250g block puff pastry
- 50g Norwich Beer Mustard
- 3 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 clove fresh garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 small red onion (finely chopped)
- 15g plain flour
- 1 medium size egg
- Splash of milk (for glazing)
Pre-heat oven to 180 degress (gas mark 4).
- In a frying pan, cook the onions, garlic, thyme & seasoning for 10 minutes on a low heat and allow to cool.
- Roll out the puff pastry into a square shape on a floured surface until the pastry is approximately 5mm thick.
- Combine the cooled onion mixture, Norwich Mustard & sausage meat until evenly dispersed.
- Make a 2cm wide cylinder shape using the mixture 3cm from the top of the pastry; repeat until you reach the bottom.
- Beat the egg & milk and lightly egg wash the gaps.
- Gently hold the top of the pastry in your hands and fold tightly towards you over the sausage meat, sealing 3mm.
- Egg wash top & sides of pastry.
- Score the tops & cut into 6 sausage rolls.
- Place of a linen baking tray in the middle of your oven and cook for 25 minutes.