Norwich Beer Mustard Sausage Rolls – delicious!
Pop on your apron and roll up your sleeves…
250g sausage meat (we recommend Archers Butchers!)
250g block puff pastry
50g Norwich Beer Mustard
3 tsp dried thyme
1 clove fresh garlic (finely chopped)
1 small red onion (finely chopped)
15g plain flour
Generous pinch of salt & pepper
1 medium size egg
Splash of milk (for glazing)
Pre- heat oven to 180 degrees (gas mark 4).
1. In a frying pan, cook the onions, garlic, thyme & seasoning for 10 minutes on a low heat and allow to cool
2. Roll out the puff pastry into a square shape on a floured surface until the pastry is approximately 5mm thick
3. Combine the cooled onion mixture, Norwich Mustard & sausage meat until evenly dispersed
4. Make a 2cm wide cylinder shape using the mixture 3cm from the top of the pastry; repeat until you reach the bottom
5. Beat the egg & milk and lightly egg wash the gaps
6. Gently hold the top of the pastry in your hands and fold tightly towards you over the sausage meat, sealing 3mm gap from the sausage meat, cut & repeat
7. Egg wash top & sides of pastry
8. Score the tops & cut into 6 sausage rolls
9. Place of a linen baking tray in the middle of your oven and cook for 25 minutes.